Wednesday 8 April 2015

WOW!...Rainbows!...

Hello, hello!

I hope this finds you all well and that you all enjoyed Easter!  I have yet to eat any of my Easter eggs and for that I am proud of myself :)

So I'm here with my little bit of inspiration (hopefully!) for this months' WOW! Embossing Powder challenge - Rainbows!



For a change, I decided to keep it simple...imagine, right!?


I took the Sexi-Hexi background stamp and inked it up with embossing ink.  Then I took a rainbow of wonderful WOW! powders and sprinkled them over the wet ink.  

The best way, I've found, to stop the powders mixing as you start adding more and more colours is to ensure that you tap the excess off to the side of the page.  This prevents the colours mixing together, which is not so much of an issue on the card, but when you go to pour the excess back into the pot, it can cause a nasty surprise the next time you go to use your lovely Sunny Yellow and find large amounts of Apple Red in it!  Disaster!

Just to cause myself a bit of a headache, I opted for a white stripe.  After stamping, I masked this area off with printer paper before adding the rainbow of colours.  Once these had been applied, I then removed the mask and liberally covered the remaining area in Bright White Opaque embossing powder.  These powders are so well behaved that not a single speck of colour got underneath the mask and sullied the white area...I am always so impressed!

To finish, I embossed the sentiment in Metallic Silver on black cardstock and adhered it all tot he card front with some foam adhesive.

I love rainbow colours, the possibilities really are endless...I imagine I will create another rainbow inspired card before the challenge is up!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you find time to join in :)











WOW! Supplies
Primary Apple Red Powder
Opaque Primary Mandarin Powder
Opaque Primary Sunny Yellow Powder
Fluorescent Green Powder
Opaque Pastel Blue Powder
Primary Indigo Powder
Opaque Pastel Purple Powder
Metallic Silver Super Fine Powder
Opaque Bright White Super Fine Powder
Sexi-Hexi background stamp

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!