Thursday 8 May 2014

Antique...CAS style!

Hello!


Over at the WOW! Embossing Powder blog, the theme of 'Antique' this month - we've had some fabulous projects from the Design Team so far and there are many more inspiring projects to come, so keep your eyes peeled!

As a CAS girl, antique isn't usually the style I gravitate towards but I sure enjoyed the challenge!

I decided that to spark the creativity in Mr Mojo I would Google the word 'antique' and see what came up.  I found many gorgeous images, but this is the one that really inspired me...



Here is the card I made...


I went with patterns and a neutral/sepia based colour palette to give the impression of age because that's what the word 'Antique' implies to me.

I started by heat embossing some ivory hammered card using the Vintage Wallpaper stamp and Metallic Gold Rich Pale.  This colour is great because it's not quite as bright as the Metallic Gold Rich, but is still very gold and decadent. Then, I stamped the French Music background stamp on some buff card using Versamark ink and Primary Bark embossing powder.  I used some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to add to the aged effect.  I love these background stamps - they're so pretty and the impressions are perfect every time :)




The flower was made using the Tattered Florals die in ivory card.  I inked the edges with gold ink to tie it in with the metallic gold background.  Add a little banner in chocolate brown and some pearls and c'est voila - it's complete!!  The banner and musical mat are popped up on foam adhesive to add a little dimension to my CAS-Antique card.

For the layout, I used this week's Retro Sketches sketch - it's super versatile and was the perfect partner to CAS-ify my antique style card :)




I hope you all get yourselves over to the WOW! blog to have a look at what the DT have come up AND there's still plenty of time to get your entries in - we'd love for you to join us!  :)











Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - Ivory Hammered, Mocha Brown, Buff
Stamps: WOW! - Vintage Wallpaper background stampFrench Music background stamp
Ink:        Versamark; Distress Ink - Vintage Photo; VersaColor - Gold
Other:    WOW! - Metallic Rich Gold Pale embossing powderPrimary Bark embossing powder; pearls

5 comments:

  1. Ouch...that's me, picking myself up at the floor, so bowled over I was by how STUNNING your card is! Seriously, Sian, your creativity, talent AND your brilliance have me in awe with each visit! You are one sharp cookie in choosing to google the key word, and then designing a visual interpretation that is absolutely stellar! I. LOVE. this card!! Beyond any doubt...love it!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally rocked that challenge (or actually both challenges)! Your card looks antiquey but still pretty CAS (IMHO)! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful damask pattern Sian for your design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous card! I love how you embossed the gold onto the ivory card stock. Very pretty! and added gold to the edges of the tattered blossom really does tie it all together! Clever girl {smile}.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! The white flower and music page is gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!