Friday 14 February 2014

Baubles!...

Hi guys!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!!  I hope you all have some wonderful plans for this evening - whether that be spending time with those you love or sitting with a glass of wine and a box of chocolates at your desk getting your craft on!!  ;)

It's nearly the weekend - whoop!  My brother and his partner are coming to visit for belated birthday celebrations - it was my brother's birthday yesterday.  Yep, he was nearly a little baby cupid, but instead was born on Friday 13th - you can't win 'em all!  ;)

Today I made a card for the Festive Friday challenge and CAS(E) This Sketch.  I thought it only fitting as the sketch had a Christmas theme to go with it :)  I missed the first Festive Friday challenge of the year, but I am aiming to participate in the rest of them...I could do without the December card rush and it'll keep the spirit of Christmas alive all year long :)  The inspiration image for this fortnight is GORGEOUS!!

Ok, less blathering, more pictures...



I got my needle and thread (and patience!) out again for this one.  I used the Spellbinders Labels 24 dies to get the nice round shape to these baubles by cutting the 'corners' off and sticking two of them together to make this shape.  Not a very good explanation that is it, but I can't think of another way to describe it!?  



Do you see what I'm getting at?!

Those little red rhinestones were a Christmas present from my sister and it's the first time I've used them - they're gorgeous!  Super sparkly, which is what Christmas is all about as!  ;)

Here's the CAS(E) This Sketch sketch...



...and the Festive Friday inspiration...



I really enjoyed making this card as for the first time for a while, it actually went right!!  And it went right first time too which makes a nice change...I love it when a plan comes together!  Hopefully this shall continue :)

ETA:  I have also been made aware of this fabulous challenge over at STAMPlorations - Stamps and Stitches so I am going to enter this card over there too - thanks for the heads up!!  ;)




Thanks so much for stopping by ;)












Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Bright Red
Stamps: Penny Black - Crystalline
Ink:        VersaColor - Silver
Other:    WOW! - Silver Super Fine e/p; thread, rhinestones

17 comments:

  1. Really spectacular, Sian. Clean and simple but with the intricacy of the thread work--it's a great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so pretty! Perfect take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very festive and pretty Christmas card! I admire your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is such a beautiful card Sian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo how clever to sue dies to get that shape and yes, did get your explanation, hard sometimes isnt it!! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, I couldn't make this. I'm right out of patience! lol! This is stunning! Love the shape and I bet it feels great too! Thank you for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, Sian - a fantastic take on both challenges! Love those gorgeous stitched ornaments. :) Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just exquisite! You should link this up with STAMPlorations - here is the link, if you are interested:
    http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/search/label/monthly%20challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you, Sian, with a card that reinforces the immense talent, creativity, thinking-out-of-the-boxed-ness and yes, patience, you possess! Brilliant, beautiful! Your thread work is stunning - it reminds me of the spirograph drawings I used to make as a young lass (eons ago!!). Perfect for the challenges; perfect for adding dazzle to my day! Hope your visit with your brother and his partner was exceptionally stellar! Knowing how thoughtful you are, I know you'll have special birthday celebrations well in hand! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Ardyth said - I am in awe of your patience! But it's so stunning, it's worth all the effort! I LOVE how you used our photo! Glad you could play with FF, I hope we'll see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sian, I am, of course, speechless at your ability to impeccably stitch like that! But equally brilliant is your use of those labels for your ornaments! Now that is what being a designer is all about - card challenge owners TAKE NOTE!! Genius! Winning! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! I'm totally blown away! From your brilliant use of these dies to your fabulous stitching this is one stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up - your card is such a stunner! Hugs, Cornelia, STAMPlorations DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how cool!!! Patience...I would say SO!!! I love how you've placed your sentiment, too...it's perfect!!! Great to have you with us again at Festive FRiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sian, this is a wonderful card. What a great idea. I'm so happy you joined us at STAMPlorations with this stitched beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yippee! I am right AGAIN, hee hee! Congratulations, dear Sian, on the WIN over at Stamplorations for your incredible card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!