Saturday 4 January 2014

Thank you...again!...

Howdily doodily peoples!

Can you believe it...I have posted three days in a row now!  Woohoo!  I'm hoping to keep it up, but I'm more realistic than to think life won't throw something at me that will get in the way of daily blogging - doh!!  Ah well, make hay while the sun shines and all that :)

I'm back with another thank you card and using the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch again too actually!  This card is also inspired by the challenge over at WOW! Embossing Powder this month which is 'Fabric'.  I'm lucky, my brother's hobby is tailoring...yep, you guessed it, I get all the off cuts!  He he :)  He has recently set up a Pinterest board actually, if you fancy having a snoop then go for it, he's very good and there's quite an amusing photo of him looking mischievous!  :)

Here is what I came up with...


I took three different fabric off cuts and wrapped them around pieces of card...my OCD's will not allow too many frayed edges, I just couldn't cope with that!  I then adhered them to the white panel and added some stitching in silver.  The lines of stitching look a bit skewiff in this picture, they're not in real life...my OCD's would not allow that either!!  I heat embossed this lovely thank you sentiment in WOW! Primary Indigo powder.  I actually overheated it a bit in the middle (I burnt it!!) and it kinda went a slightly pinky colour but I like it - two tone embossing :)  Some pearls and mats and I was done...that makes it sound like it was a quick card but alas no!  I am just glad to be back crafting :)

The challenges:



Thank you for stopping by, as always ;)










Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Lilac
Stamps: Flourishes - With Gratitude
Ink:        VersaColor - Violet
Other:    WOW! - Indigo e/p; pearls; fabric remnants; silver thread

4 comments:

  1. I love the touch of stitching...awesome take on the challenges Sian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the stitched fabrics. The card under the fabric a good idea as it keeps the fabric in place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, Sian, absolutely brilliant! Fabric choices and placement, the silver stitching, the embossed sentiment: eye-catching, striking, pretty, plus! You're in high gear with awesome creations!! So glad you're back to delight and inspire! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a lovely card, Thanks for playing a WOW EMBOSSING POWDERS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!