Sunday 2 June 2013

You're how old??!!...

Hey!

Last weekend I took some time out in order to sit at my desk...I didn't realise quite how much I'd missed it and just how therapeutic it is!  I managed to join in with some challenges that have been neglected by myself of late...woohoo!

Today is the turn of the Fusion challenge!  The sketch and the inspiration were so cool that I went with both, and here they are...


I decided to use the colours from the inspiration image and the white-on-blue background and went with a literal take on the sketch...this is how it turned out...


Some of you may remember that I was making a bundle of birthday cards to send to my Mum for her to have on standby to give to her friends.  Well, I made and sent them to her, and bless her, she loved them :)   (that's the best thing about Mother's, they're seldom disappointed :))  When I spoke to her on the phone the other day she mentioned that a male friend of hers birthday was coming up soon.  I couldn't remember whether any of the cards I sent her would be suitable for him, so I told her I'd make one specially.  He has a good sense of humour (which is lucky!) and is going to be turning 64, so Mother and I decided that this sentiment would be ideal!!  He he!  Mean, I know :)  

I never really got into the bunting/banner trend when it was, well, trendy...but here I found myself making a little bunting for this card...talk about being a little behind!  :)  I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out and hopefully Keith will enjoy his card too :)

I am hoping to join in with all the other challenges I love this week too...I think I'll have to train my other half to cook dinner and wash up so that I have more time to craft!  Wish me luck!!  ;)

Thanks for stopping by guys ;)









Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Sky Blue, Bright Red
Stamps: Papermania - Celebration
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:    WOW! - Opaque White super fine and Ebony e/p; rhinestones; thread

2 comments:

  1. This is going to get a ton of votes, Sian! It is superb!! I am saving it because it is not only a great b'day design, but it will make a great Christmas card design, too! Plus, it will get me up there on the banner/bunting band wagon with you so you aren't the last one. I'm even behinder than you and I love your sweet bunting!!

    Keep working on the hubs training, my dear. They aren't so hard to train when they're young! "If wifey ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB banner & love how it pops against the stars! So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)
    Thank you for popping by my blog too - much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!