Tuesday 4 June 2013

Happy 30th birthday...erm, I mean 21st!!...

Hi guys!

I am here today with a birthday card for my partner's son's girlfriend!  (my would be step daughter-in-law I guess?!)  It is her 30th birthday today, but we have decided that it should actually just be another 21st because 30 sounds too old!!  :)

I made this card using the sketch from CAS(E) this sketch - I've been so busy lately...you know, in the real world (ugh...don't you just hate that it eats right into the time you could be spending doing something you actually WANT to do?!) and I was so pleased that I managed to find some time to join in with this challenge as it is fast becoming one of my favourites, which is hardly surprising as the sketches and inspiration from the DT are always so amazing...right!?  I am really pleased to hear about the alterations they are making over there as of the next challenge...the deadline is being extended from Tuesday to Thursday (which is super helpful for me, I'll have fewer excuses now!) and they are going to invite past winners to be guest designers - how exciting!  As if we all needed another incentive to play along :)

I have just noticed that it's the 30th challenge which I think is nicely coincidental with Sara's 30th birthday...it's the simple things in life...ha ha! ;)

Here's the sketch...

...and here's my card...



Hopefully you can tell that I did use the sketch, albeit as more of a jumping off point than actually following it strictly it transpires!  You should know me by now...I struggle with rules ;)  I just added a little decorative border at the bottom instead of the banners and put my banner at the top...my Mother would agree that I always have to do everything arse upwards ;)  (her terminology, not mine!)

Personally, I am not really an animal print kinda gal, I'm much more plain than that as I'm sure you've all noticed.  Sara, however, loves leopard print and so I got this paper just for her!  Yep, this is another crazy British wallpaper - I know Ardyth was astounded at the Disco Black glittery wallpaper that I used on her birthday card!  So Ardyth, here's another one for you! 

I know it's a bit difficult to see as my lighting situation has yet to improve...and my photography skills for that matter...but I have used that lovely Clear Matt Dull embossing powder from WOW! again on the background to add some subtle flourishes.

I am also entering this card into the Catered Crop Recipe Swap, which this time round is 'Mellow Yellow'.  I know there's nothing remotely mellow about this card, but it certainly has the yellow element!  
Thanks for stopping by ;)









Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Black, Daffodil; A.S Creation - Leopard Print Wallpaper
Stamps: Stamping All Day - Art Deco Birthday; Waltzingmouse - Fancy Flourishes and Scallops and Dots
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:    WOW! - Clear Matt Dull and Ebony e/p; Spellbinders - Classic Edges Two and Decorative Inserts
             Three; flowers; rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!