Friday 12 April 2013

Shooting star...ish!...

Hey!

How ya doin'?

I am feeling back in the groove now!  Woohoo!  I am so grateful for all your wonderful comments, they really spur me on - thanks guys :)

Today I am here with a card for CAS(E) this sketch - just love this challenge!  I actually made this card as the challenge went out yesterday, but decided to post it today to spread my posts out a bit.

The sketch this week is...



...how super-duper versatile is that bad boy?!!  I can see me using this one again in the future - the possibilities are endless!




...so, there he is!  I love black, white and lime together ever since I did the stationary for my best friend's wedding :)  I don't know if you can see it very well in this picture, (maybe if you can enlarge it?!) but the sentiment is on a little flag that is only attached under the star - it's like a shooting star! :)  (I do try and keep my crazy hidden from you lovely, well adjusted people.  Sometimes it just peeks out though - sorry!)  I made the star a sparkly one and popped him up on foam tape to add a bit more interest to what is a really simple card.  I also used my brand new stamp for the sentiment (ssshhh, don't tell him!  It arrived yesterday having only ordered it on Tuesday - how good is that?!) - I love the Art Deco style.

This card came together so quickly - I looked at the sketch and knew exactly what I was going to make and then I made it and it looked just as I had envisaged!  Pleased or what?!!  This is another card that is going into the parcel of birthday cards that I am making for my Mum.  Long story short...I gave her a bundle of cards to sell for me up where she lives and she ended up using them all herself!  She called me the other day to let me know she had run out but then realised she had to confess!  Bless her :)  So, I am on a birthday card mission now!  

Thanks for stopping by today and bless you if you actually read my somewhat unhinged ramblings!  ;)









Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Black, Lime; Papermania - Glittered paper
Stamps: Stamping All Day - Art Deco Birthday
Ink:        VersaColor - Black
Other:    WOW! - Ebony e/p; Spellbinders - Classic Edges One

3 comments:

  1. FAB! Loving this colour combo too, so vibrant! Great take on the sketch too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the bright green against the black and white!Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love vivid greens - what a perfect backdrop to your glittery star! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!