Wednesday 24 April 2013

I did it...I finally bit the bullet...!

Hello!

I have followed the Runway Inspired Challenge since Jennifer first started it way back in November 2011 - I can't believe it's been so long!!  It's an absolutely brilliant idea and completely different from any other challenge out there as far as inspiration is concerned.  I love Jennifer's work, and that of the design team and to be honest, they're all so good that I have been a bit too daunted to join in for fear of not being good enough! The level that Jennifer, the design team and the participants of this challenge are at is way beyond me - however, this time around the inspiration photo was just so gorgeous that I couldn't resist making a fool of myself!  He he!  

I absolutely NEED this dress in my life!!!...



...I mean...drool!!  How stunning is that dress?!  I am going to have to find one like it as I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to afford the original, not in a month of Sundays!  Although, if my darling brother is reading this...I'd like one of these please!!  (My brother is a hobby tailor, a very good one at that!  So Jack, get on the hunt for some of this material and we'll call it a birthday and Christmas present! ;) )

Anyways; black, white and red is one of my favourite colour combinations...EVER.  You always end up with something classy...hopefully!  Here is my attempt...



I know the dress has a floral pattern, but a lot of the other entries had flowers on and I wanted to be different!  I'm pretty pleased with how this came together, especially as I made a landscape card!  I'm not sure I've made one this way round before?!  It doesn't really show in the photograph, but the sentiment is embossed so that it stands out a little from the background.  I'm also pleased with myself for biting the bullet and jumping in the deep end :)

Thanks for stopping by ;)



Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Black
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Big Day Additions, Fancy Flourishes & Scallops & Dots
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium; SU! - Black
Other:    WOW! - Ebony e/p; pearls

8 comments:

  1. Sian, you are equal to everyone who plays along on this challenge! I do understand how you feel about the superb DT though, I am overawed every time! This card is definitely classy, elegant, and absolutely beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you joined us, for your card is beautiful and quite classy! The flourishes are delicate and elegant, and I love those tiny red dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pure and simple CAS perfection! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning, stylish, elegant = RIC defined...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a gorgeous card!! it captures the inspiration so well :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sian, I am SO happy you decided to play along! Thanks so much for the sweet things you said about myself and the team :) Your card is just stunning...I love the way you stamped the swirly flourishes off the edge of the card, and the little accents of red. So elegant! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yea- and if your brother can make you a dress like that, I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!