Thursday 18 April 2013

Doing my bit for the environment :) ...

Hey!

I'm here today with a reappropriated item.  The theme for the challenge over at WOW! Embossing Powder  this month is to alter or recycle something.  


This had me stumped for a while.  I have been planning to make something for my sister, but I can't reveal that for a while as it's for her birthday and it would be terrible if she saw it on here before I gave it to her!  I was tidying my desk this morning (this is a daily occurrence that doesn't ever seem to end?!) and thought that what I really need is something to put all my pencils, scissors, knives, pliers etc in.  I thought nothing more of it until I was in the kitchen and noticed that I'd kept, for reasons unknown, the tin that my hot chocolate comes in. 

Hmmm...that's a good size...??!  Time to make it prettier!

So, the hot chocolate pencil pot was born!





I think it's pretty obvious what I did...embossed in silver the script pattern onto black card, embossed and cut out pretty flowers, embossed the leaves using clear matt dull embossing powder (which is awesome stuff by the way - it gives a really cool effect!) and then die cut them.  Stuck my border round the top, stuck my flowers and leaves on then added desk clutter!  There's a load more stuff that will eventually reside in this pot, but it would've looked way too messy for the photo and given away just how much crap I have!  Now...I wonder how long this will last on my desk before it gets battered and bruised!?  I'm sure he'll be fine :)

Thanks for stopping by ;)


Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - Black, Lilac, Grape, Pale Turquoise, Sky Grey, Teal
Stamps: Verve - Great Friend, Sunny Days; SU! - En Francais Script
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:    WOW! - Ebony, Silver Super Fine, Clear Matt Dull e/p; Verve Cut Above Dies - Elegant Leaves; 
             Spellbinders - Classic Edges Two; pearls; hot chocolate tin!

4 comments:

  1. Love your altered pen pot. The large flowers are fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot chocolate!!! Nothing could be more you, really like the flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Stunning make over - and here was I thinking there wasn't much that could improve chocolate ;)

    Thanks for joining in the WOW! Embossing Powder April Challenge and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! To me this is what hand crafting is all about...taking what others might see as mundane, utilitarian stuff and making it beautiful...and useful! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!