Saturday 13 April 2013

A Play Date with Verve...

Helloo!

First things first; call me slow (I am!) but I have only just noticed that I have a bunch of new followers!  Hi guys!  Thank you so much for joining me here :)  

The reason I hadn't noticed is that I don't look, ever.  I'm not rude, I promise!!  When I first started my blog I had been following other people for ages and they all had hundreds of followers.  Obviously, when I posted the first couple of times I didn't have any followers, but I thought it might pick up a bit the more I posted.  Well...it will be two years in July and I still don't have hundreds of followers!  Ha ha!  I decided, so as not to get too disheartened, to just not look at the 'number'.  I am happy to make my cards, hopefully get a comment or three (which absolutely makes my day!) and enter the challenges that I enjoy participating in.  I am SUPER grateful to all those who do follow my blog, don't get me wrong - you guys are the best!  ;)

Ok, on to the card now :)

As the title implies, this is the sketch from Viva La Verve meeting the colours from the Play Date Cafe.  Simples, right?!!




So there's the sketch and the colour story.  To say I was slightly worried by the THOUSANDS of layers on that sketch would be an epic understatement!  Despite my best efforts, me and layers just don't ever seem to get on well!  Meh...I carry on regardless however...practice makes perfect and all that, right?  Are you ready?...




...honestly, still not sure how I feel about this card.  Unlike yesterday's CAS(E) this sketch card, I really had to work at this one and I think that's where the problem lies.  The background paper definitely saved it - you should've seen it before!  It is a grower I think as the more I look at it the better it gets :)  I'd love to know what you guys think...you always seem to see things that I'm too close to notice!  This is another one that will be winging it's way to my darling Mother and because she's my Mother she'll love it anyway ;)  Mum's are the best!

Thanks for stopping by ;)









Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - Off White, Ivory Hammered, Pale Turquoise, Navy, Citrus Orange; K&Co. -
              Best Of paper collection
Stamps:  Verve - Wishful Elegance
Ink:         VersaColor - Black
Other:     Spellbinders - Classic Scallop Circle Large, Classic Edges Two, Labels 18; WOW! - Ebony e/p;
              Crafty Ribbons - Indigo seam binding; star rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. As one of your new-ish followers i am loving this card, really like the oranage edging shape against the straight edge. I am so glad you are still making cards, you really have a talent and i am so happy you share them on here. Please feel free to wing any cards my way - i think i can be listed as a founding fan!! Jem xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Great take on the sketch with our colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!