Thursday 14 March 2013

A blast from the past...!

Hey!

I scoured the challenges for this week to find something to kick start my missing mojo and I came across The Play Date Cafe challenge which is a challenge I haven't played along with for AGES!  I have, however, missed the deadline which is a bit annoying - but the inspiration was still helpful!! The colours, alongside the awesome sketch over at Retro Sketches, sparked something within me and I managed to come up with a card.  I'm not honestly sure how I feel about it yet, but I think it's growing on me :)

I was a little stumped by the theme at Addicted To CAS - Wings.  I'm not an 'image' person really so I was trying to work out how I could incorporate wings into a card without actually needing an image.  I was looking through my embossing folders and came across the perfect solution - I have an embossing folder named 'Wings'!  If that wasn't meant to be then I don't know what would be!  :)

Here are all my inspirations;


...and here is the card that I have made for my best friends' birthday...


Luckily, my friend is not a 'girly girl' - in fact I don't think I have many girl friends who are especially girly?!  I'm not sure what that says about me really?!  Anyway, slight tangent there, sorry!  My friend is a big fan of blue and green (she's always wearing blue and her wedding colours were lime green, black and white which was just stunning!  I'll get the photo's of the stationery that I made on here one of these days) so I think there's quite a large possibility that she will like her card, despite the splash of pink - she will get over it I'm sure :)  Can you see my sneaky wings embossed on the tracing paper there?!  I'm quite pleased with how that turned out and it adds a little bit of girly-ness to an otherwise plain card :)

Despite missing the Play Date Cafe deadline, the colours over at The Paper Players this week are strikingly similar, there is just an extra colour - brown.  I am waiting for my new WOW! embossing powders to arrive (I was lucky enough to win last months' challenge and got to choose 12 powders!) as one of them was Bark and will be perfect!  I hope they arrive before that deadline!  :)

I am going to get back to my desk now and see if I can find my mojo - it WILL return!!

Thanks for stopping by ;)








Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Peppermint, Pink Sorbet; Tracing Paper
Stamps: Verve - Hope Blooms
Ink:        VersaColor - Black
Other:    WOW! - Ebony e/p; Craft Concepts - Wings e/f; Crafty Ribbons - Sky Blue seam binding; pearls

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I see zero lack of mojo there and an awesome card! I love the subtle soft colors and what a great combo of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was meant to be ! That embossing folder was just waiting for its moment to shine ! Your friend will love it I know I do ! The colours are so pretty and the little splash of pink is a perfect match.

    Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and hope to see you again.( unfortunately your drop down comment only allwows blogger users to comment so am commenting using an old account that no longer exists ) baileyrosy.com is my correct blog


    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for the Wings challenge, Sian! I absolutely love what you've done with the embossed butter flies!! I'm just going to assume by this that Mr. Moe Joe has arrived and has kicked Mr. No Joe to the curb! BAM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not believe I missed this! This is absolutely gorgeous Sian! I love the colour choices, you went with the subtle shades which is giving this card an ethereal feel! Beautiful TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!