Thursday 10 January 2013

Mojo Monday 275...

Before I get into this blog post proper, I would just like to say an absolutely MASSIVE thank you to all those who have taken the time to look/leave such encouraging comments on my recent posts.  I thought that as I had been away for a while that it would take an age for people to see that I was back, but I obviously forgot how warm, welcoming and wonderful this card making/paper crafting community is and I have been blown away :)  So, thank you :) Anyways back to the cards...

I have not played along with the Mojo Monday sketch challenge for sooooo long it's ridiculous.  Well, no more!  The sketch is a bit out of my comfort zone as it pushes me out of my CAS style into something a little more embellished - hopefully it doesn't just look like a great big jumble!!  It's good to push the boundaries a little though :)

Here is the sketch;



And here is my jumble!



Because I am not used to having so many layers, I really struggle with choosing enough colours to provide the definition between the layers whilst, hopefully, it not looking like a great big mess!  You'll have to let me know what you think because I'm really not sure about how this has turned out - it is growing on me though :)

Thanks, as always, for stopping by :)








Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Pink Sorbet, Peppermint, Cerise, Sky Grey; Best of K&Co; handmade 
              paper from too long ago!
Stamps: Verve - Hope Blooms, Bloom & Grow; Papermania - V&A Cornfield
Ink:        VersaColor - Peony, Black, Green, Sky Grey
Other:    Spellbinders - Fleur De Lis Motifs, Anemone Flower Toppers; Verve - Elegant Leaves; Craft 
             Concepts ef's - Grunge Stripe, Venus, Cottage Florals; WOW! Embossing Powder - Clear, Ebony;
             Doily, pearls

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks very pretty and you have done a great job choosing the colours. I love all the embossing as I am an absolute sucker for embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a delightful color combo, Sian. Great take on Mojo's sketch! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Sian, You always make such delicate pretty cards! I really have to get back into my crafting! I haven't touched my stash in about 3-4 months!!! terrible!
    Enjoying seeing you back blogging!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sian, I think this is LOVELY! No doubt about it! The embossing is fab and I really like the happy combination of colors and shapes. Glad you stopped by and I came to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!