Monday 21 January 2013

Hugs and Kisses and the Smallest Things :)

Hello people!

I hope you are well :)

I am pleased to say that although I'm a little late uploading these, I have actually managed to keep up to date with the sketches at Viva La Verve this month - I hope it continues throughout the year!

Here are the beautiful sketches;

Week 3 by the marvellous Maureen Plut:

And week 4 by the fabulous Janelle Stollfus;

And here are my attempts to do justice to the Divas!

Week 3:

Week 4:

I'll be honest, neither of these turned out quite as I had imagined from my little brainstorm sketches, but hey, that's the fun of it right?!  I'm quite happy with how they ended up so not all is lost :)

Thank you for stopping by :)








Supplies:

Week 3
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Black, Bright Red
Stamps: Paula Pascual - Filled With Flowers
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:    Spellbinders - Classic Edges Two; ef - Grunge Stripes, Grunge Dots, Swiss Dots; Cosmic Shimmer
             Red Aurora ep; thread, rhinestones

Week 4
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Lilac, Grape, Peppermint, Lime; K&Co - Best Of
Stamps: Verve - Smallest Things
Ink:        Versacolor - Violet
Other:    Spellbinders - Classic Edges Scallop; Tonic corner punch; Crafty Ribbons seam binding - Dew
             Kissed; WOW! Embossing Powder - Violet Pearl; thread, pearls

2 comments:

  1. That threadwork is AMAZING! (I know there's a proper name for it, but it escapes me right now). And I love the pops of green on the second card. I love how cards often have minds of their own and don't always turn out the way we want - sometimes it goes in the bin and sometimes it's WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, but that string art is crazy good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!