Sunday 26 August 2012

Viva La Verve Week 1 meets Play Date Cafe Colour Spalsh

Hey there!

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend.  The sun is just starting to poke its head out from behind the bank holiday clouds - I'm not holding my breath mind you!

Poor weather + other half at work all weekend = peace and quiet time for crafting!  So that's what I've been doing :)

I am attempting to post this months' Viva La Verve challenges in order this time, even though I started off with Week 4's sketch!  One day...one day!



I was inspired by the colour story over at the Play Date Cafe this week.  It's been quite some time since I've entered a PDC challenge so I'm pleased that I've got round to it this week :)  I HAD to play along with this colour combination.  My best friend is getting married in three weeks time and I made all her wedding stationary.  Her colour scheme?  Black, white and lime!  I have a whole bunch of black, white and lime card around me so it would've been criminal not to enter this challenge!

So, here's my card;


I know it's not a 'splash' of lime per se, but I'm hoping that I'll get away with it :)  (I'm pushing my luck lately huh?!)

I have made this card for a dear friend of mine who lives in Australia.  We used to speak via email most days, but recently life has got a bit busy for both of us and we've lost touch a bit.  I got a wonderful email from her yesterday saying how much she misses our chats and so I thought I'd send her a card to let her know that I miss her too :)  Shame it's going to take so long for it to get to her!

Because I didn't want the bow to get ruined in transit, I have made this box for the card to go in;


I really hope she likes it :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys, whether it be long or short :)

Thanks for dropping by,








Supplies
Card:     Paper Mill Direct - White, Black, Lime
Stamps: Verve - Hope Blooms, Glad Tidings
Ink:        Ranger - Perfect Medium
Other:    WOW! Green embossing powder; Crafty Ribbons - Ivory seam binding; Spellbinders -
              Standard Circles - Large, Scalloped Circles - Small; pearls

3 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are marvelous! Really love the 2nd one! Thanks for playing with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your cards, thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh, what a great colour challenge!!! Loving that splash of vibrant green,
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!