Friday 27 July 2012

Sunshine!

Hello all :)

It's all a bit back to front, I know, but I am finally posting my card for Week 1 of Viva La Verve!

I have to admit, this sketch did daunt me a little bit.  It's not a layout I would usually use as there are so many layers!  It did hurt a little bit to keep piling on the layers, but I did it!

Here's the sketch;


And here's my card;


I wanted to go with pastels for this card, which is also a little out of my comfort zone.  My mojo went for a wander when I sat down to make this card, I hope it doesn't show too much?! 

I made this card when we were having the particularly horrible weather and I was indeed, wishing for sunny days!  It would seem my wish came true as we have had some absolutely glorious weather the lsat few days, however, typically as I'm typing this, it's overcast again!  Hopefully the cloud will clear and the sun will come back out for the Olympic opening ceremony this afternoon/evening - I can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by, as always.  Enjoy the ceremony this evening, apparently we're all in for a real treat :)








Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - White, Lilac, Ivory Linen, Coral Pink, Grey, Sky Blue, Lime, Primrose
               Yellow
Stamps:  Verve - Sunny Days, Bloom and Grow; Waltzingmoue - Flourishes - Scallop and Dots;
               SU! - French Script
Ink:         TH Distress Ink - Milled Lavender, Wild Honey; VersaColor - Evergreen, Black, Old Rose,
               White
Other:     WOW! embossing powder - Opaque Bright White; Crafty Ribbons - Saddle Stitch ribbon in
               pastel pink and yellow; Spellbinders - Labels 18; embroidery thread; pearls

1 comment:

  1. I love all your layers they look great together, loving the ribbons!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!