Wednesday 25 July 2012

From Me To You :)

Hello!


It's been a while, and I have been busy making things, just not had a chance to upload any!  The weather has finally caught up with the season and it's made it much better for photography.  I have now taken photo's of all the cards and things I have been making over the last week or so and will endeavour to post them all on here in the near future :)

This is something totally different for me.  A dear friend of mine has just moved house and she's not been having the greatest time lately, so I wanted to give her something as a house warming present and something that would (hopefully!) cheer her up a bit. 

Her favourite poem is The Mask of Anarchy by Percy Bysshe Shelley.  I hadn't read it before, but I reckon I could probably recite it word for word now - all 92 verses!  Not that that's a bad thing, I really enjoyed it and I'm so glad I read it as it's still so relevant.

Along with being a gift, I am also entering this into this month's challenge over at WOW! Embossing Powder.  Their challenge is to create anything but a card.


So, without further, here are some photo's;



The first picture is the box I made to put the booklet (I don't know what else to call it?!) in.  It fastens underneath the label so that there are no ugly joins :)  I used my new WOW! embossing powders that were sent to me as my prize for winning their challenge last month - they are awesome! I have been embossing everything lately! (more than usual!)  For this I used Verdigris and Metallic Copper - they turned out even better than I expected :)

Like I said, there are 92 verses to this poem so I'm not going to bore you by showing you every page.  Here are the first few verses and then the final verse (as this is my favourite!)






It's probably not very easy to read in these photographs, and for that I apologise.  I hope you can get the gist though?

I think it's pretty self explanatory as to how I put it all together, however if anyone has any questions then just let me know as I'm more than happy to answer them :)

I think, all in all, this took about three days to complete - which I don't think is too bad?!  Obviously I didn't get them all right first time, in fact, there are some verses I must have written out four or five times, but it was surprisingly therapeutic and I enjoyed every minute :)  I really hope my friend likes it, that is the most important thing!

Anyway guys, thanks for stopping by as always and I'd love to know what you think as this is, like I said, something very different for me :)

Edited to add:  If you would like to see ALL of the pages and more photographs, they are in my SCS gallery - the poor moderators!








Supplies
Card:      Paper Mill Direct - Off White, Turquoise, Dark Brown, Ivory Linen.  Gold Mirror
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Big Day Additions, Flourishes - Scallops and Dots; Verve - Glad Tidings
Ink:         VersaColor - Gold, Evergreen; TH Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Other:     WOW! embossing powder - Metallic Copper, Verdigris; 2" binder rings; Spellbinders
               Labels 1 and Labels 18; pearls



3 comments:

  1. Ahh wow, this is such a thoughtful gift! I can't believe you hand-wrote those verses - must have taken you ages, and they look so pretty! Your friend will absolutely love this! M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could she not like it, it's beautiful! Hard to imagine that it only took you three days, all my cards seem to be taking me about a week at the moment!!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous entry! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!