Wednesday 17 August 2011

CAS-ual Fridays meets Clean and Simple Stamping - CFC15 & FTL153

Helloo!

Don't worry, it's just a quick post this afternoon!

It's a 2-in-1 challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays this week.  CAS-ual Fridays have teamed up with Clean and Simple Stamping for one week only!  Clean and Simply Stamping have provided the sketch layout for this week's challenge and here it is:


I really like this sketch, especially as it's not something I would have come up with myself.  I like symmetry and my OCD senses were tingling when I saw this sketch!  I'm getting better at not panicking so much when asked to leave my comfort zone though, so it was ok!  :)

Here is the card I made;



I was really in the CAS zone when I started making this!  I wanted to keep it neutral with a splash of colour.  I haven't ever made such graphic looking flowers before and I'm really pleased at how they turned out  :)  I used black and silver for the 'petals' as I wanted to give the impression of a silhouette.  I embossed the bottom-most layer to add a little bit of interest and variation in the whites.  Some pale blue rhinestones and a some simple Calligraphy and I was done!  I was amazed at how quickly this card came together actually.  I often find it's the most simple looking cards that take the most time and work!?

Thanks for stopping by and please let me know what you think, your feedback is always welcome!








Supplies:
Card:       White, Black 220gsm
Stamps:   NONE!
Ink:          Distress Ink - Broken China, Crushed Olive; Windsor & Newton black writing ink
Others:    Rhinestones; black flock wallpaper, matte silver wrapping paper; Craft Concepts embossing
                      folder - Cottage Floral; Rotring 0.5mm drawing pen; jewellery wire

4 comments:

  1. LOVING IT!! did you brayer the background? I am always amazed if when I brayer it turns out ok!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS!! Your use of colors and elements (distressed edges and background) are fantastic! Love the gorgeous design! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! That colored panel is superb, such a modern feel to it with those minimalistic flowers and the design is fab :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your unique flowers are fabulous! I really like how everything pulled together. Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!