Tuesday 12 July 2011

My First Post and CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC10

Hello!

To point out the obvious, this is my first post!  I thought I'd throw myself in at the deep end and make my first post a challenge entry - aargh!




I have been following the CAS-ual Fridays challenge since it began but have never submitted anything before.  The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week is 'Shaped Cards' and here is the card I have made.....





The main shape and the concentric shapes are all hand cut, as are the butterflies.  I inked the edges of the layers with Distress Inks and blended the colours on the butterflies.  I used VersaColor charcoal coloured ink and then clear embossed the flourishes on the butterflies and then ran the largest one through my Cuttlebug using Divine Swirls ef.  I added the same charcoal colour to the edges of the butterflies and mat of the sentiment panel.

It's a day of firsts today - first post, first challenge entry and the first ever shaped card I've made.  I did say I was throwing myself in at the deep end!  Wish me luck!

I am going to have a play with my camera to figure out how best to take photographs of my cards, apologies for the photo's above :)

Thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read this, please let me know what you think (honestly, don't just feel the need to say something nice!) and any tips for making a successful blog would be greatly appreciated! :)









Supplies
Card:     White 220gsm
Stamps: SU! Just Believe (sentiment)  Penny Black Scroll Strip 3863H (large butterfly flourishes)
              Magnolia Wedding - Fancy Squiggle Flourish (small butterfly flourishes)
Ink:        VersaColor Charcoal, Distress Inks - Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Broken China, Victorian Velvet
Others:  Cuttlebug Divine Swirls ef, Papermania clear embossing powder, rhinestones, jewellery wire

7 comments:

  1. wow! this is fantastic! What wonderful work I would never guess this to be a first! Love it!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is a really fun shape and I love how've worked color in to the layers on the edges! Wonderful CAS layering and I am sooo happy to have you join us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging, Sian! Love your flower shape card! Beautiful layering and details! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAs-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing your work again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is outstanding! I would never know unless you told me that this was your very first challenge card - clearly, you're good at this stuff and I hope you'll continue to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! Welcome to the blogging and challenge world - we're really so happy you joined us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a most fabulous way to start off a new blog. How else are you going to get your name out there!

    This really is a beautiful card. The shape is cool and those butterflies are just gorgeous. Welcome to the land of blogging. I can't wait to see what else you create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is utterly stunning. The faintly inked edges really highlight the layers and you still kept it CAS! I'd say for a first post, you are on your way to greatness! I'm so glad you joined the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo this is gorgeous! Love the butterflies and the matching ink colors on the edges of each layer. Welcome to blog land and hope to see more of your creations :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment on my blog...it's appreciated more than you know ;)

I am afraid I have had so many spam comments that I have had to disable anonymous commenting - please feel free to email me on sianridley@gmail.com though if you're having trouble leaving a comment :) Thank you!